New Taskforce to Battle Cholera Outbreak

Photo: AMREF

AMREF has launched a national education campaign as cholera cases increase.

By Eunice Kilonzo

The national government is pulling all stops to arrest the spread of cholera that has so far claimed three lives in Nairobi City County.

Director of Medical Services Jackson Kioko on Monday announced a raft of drastic measures that included cancelling all medical certificates for food handlers.

Mr Kioko also directed counties to ban food hawking and inspect all hotels in 21 days as he appointed a multi-sectoral taskforce to battle the outbreak.

Hotels have been banned from outsourcing food and those wishing to do so, should notify the county health department 14 days in advance to allow inspection.

He said his department will work with water companies to test water sold by vendors and also repair broken sewers.

Mr Kioko also said they have launched campaigns to senstitise city residents on hygiene and sanitation.

He said three people have died and 336 cholera-related cases reported since May this year.

More on This

Nairobi Govt On the Spot Over Cholera

The national government on Saturday put the Nairobi county government on the spot over the rising cases of cholera as… Read more »

View original post here:

New Taskforce to Battle Cholera Outbreak

Short URL: http://www.eabizinfo.com/?p=104567

Posted by on Jul 17 2017. Filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

Featured Links

    Search Archive

    Search by Date
    Search by Category
    Search with Google
    Log in | Designed by Gabfire themes